We’ve all heard this before, but it’s important. Even a small amount of beer can impair your judgement, so don’t put yourself in a position where you can harm yourself, others, or turn into a complete fool.
• There’s plenty of beer to be had, with plenty of time, so pace yourself. Drink for flavor, not just for impact. Always practice moderation when drinking. Get to know your limits, and don’t exceed them. If you feel that moment of absolute cheer, take a break, grab a water and some food.
• Beer Fest Tips: Respect festival pour rules. At our fests we have a 4oz pour per individual tasting limit – that’s monitored it allows you to enjoy more beer responsibly. And, providing you hydrate & eat before and throughout the fest, we recommend no more than 4 – 4oz beer tastings per hour (one US pint); this may vary based on the individual.
• Water is your friend. Drink plenty of it, to help detoxify and counteract the alcohol stripping water from your system.
• Eating also replenishes the system, slows down your rate of consumption, and helps to absorb alcohol so you don’t find yourself inebriated after a few beers. However, though eating will slow the absorption of alcohol, it won’t necessarily stop its impact.
• Beer Fest Tips: Any proper beer fest will have water on hand. At our fests, we sell water for $1 a bottle. We recommend drinking a bottle of water every hour or two. We also recommend eating before or during the fest. Please visit our food vendors for some tasty eats to pair with you beer. Your entire fest experience will be enhanced if you eat!
• Not all beers are alike, and many of today’s beers can be rather high in alcohol, and in sneaky way. We’re talking 7 to 25 percent alcohol by volume (ABV)! Find out what the ABV of a beer is before you consume.
• Beer Fest Tips: The breweries have as much ABV info as possible. If an ABV is not listed, please ask the brewer or pourer.